Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Post card heaven

Found this little gem in the mail today. The manitees came from Ellen H and are so sweet. They even have pink cheeks. I just love cards with some character and these little guys have all of that and then some.
This is from a post card group I joined last fall. It is the second swap I've done in the past 6 months. I did a total of 46 cards. A lot of fun and a lot of frustration. The first group (http://www.art2mail.com/) easy since there was no theme and I could just have at it, but the second group,http://www.postmarkdart.com/ was alot more challenging. A theme. Try coming up with 20 plus cards that have a theme. It was awful. Just could not get it. But then something clicked. Actually a friend gave me some inspiring words when she told me about a quilt challenge she was doing. And these are some of the cards that came out of that bit of inspiration. Just needed a creative boost. Thanks Mary. Those are 4 of the styles of cards that I sent out. Wish the picture was better, but that's what you get when your still learning how to use your camera. If you ever want to do something fun with your art, I highly reccomend this. But here is some disappointment as some people receive cards and don't participate by sending their cards in return. But all in all it was alot of fun.

No comments:

The Greatest Generation

  • Art Quilts