Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

It's a beautiful day today. The sun is shining, the birds are singing and it's Easter. To top things off I found these little Snow Drops peeking thru the cold ground to get theirfaces warmed in the sun. They're such a sweet little flower.
The last couple of days have been busy with the holiday and my visiting brother. Yesterday we piled into the car and started the day with the first garage sale of the season. What does moi need to go to a garage sale for? Don't I already have enough stuff? But off we went anyway and I was able to control myself with only a couple of small purchases. My favorite being a book by Tom Brokaw, The Greatest Generation.
It was a very sunny day and very deceiving. You look out the window and think "It's gotta be 50 or better out there." Well you'd be wrong. It's cold. Not just cold...face freezing, finger numbing cold. You go out and that north wind comes at you across the flat frozen field and you instantly need to pee . :) It's March. Where is Spring??? Cmon show your face. I miss you.
Dad showed up about noon and we had our brunch. Waffles with homemade stewed blueberries, bacon, fresh fuit, and more. MMM! The only thing that made it better was having all my boys there. Dear hubby, brother and dad. Am I so lucky? The only thing missing was those that have passed on and are away from us right now. Mom, Gramma and Grampa and Gramma Bertha and Grampa. But they aren't forgotten and the holiday is even more blessed with the special memories that we have of them.
Today is Easter, a day of celebration, new hope and new beginnings. We will be off this evening to spend the rest of the holiday with my hubbies family and tomorrow it's back to work. I've really enjoyed the last week off, but it'll be nice to get back into the routine of things at work. But to be honest, I'll miss being home with Fred and sleeping in in the morning.

No comments:

The Greatest Generation

  • Art Quilts