Saturday, April 5, 2008

What a ride

It was such a beautiful day today. I had to be outside. In the dirt no less. And I had help. Thus this picture of the guilty party. But he's so sweet, who could stay mad? Cody is my four-legged companion in all my gardening activities. If he's not there sniffing all the dirt I've moved around then he's sunning in the warm grass. There are also a couple of cats that are a little too involved at times, but they found a warm spot in front of the house and were napping after lunch.
It was so gorgeous today I had to try my new bike. So with some soap and water and a little elbow grease it looked like new. My dear hubby had a little more work to do on his that involved power tools...what man doesn't look for an excuse to use power tools? So off we went to town...7 miles away. Got there a little winded and had a nice talk with hubbies cousin, Tammy and gulped down some water. Ahhhhh! Then it was back on the road. A little bit of a headwind made for some slower travel home, but all the gears are in working order and it wasn't too bad. I'm lovin' the new wheels. Wonder what my legs will feel like tomorrow? All in all we did about 15 miles today. Not too shabby since we haven't been outsince...oh who knows when. It was wonderful. Hope we can go again tomorrow. I'll know better to take the camera.
The title of this blog seems so unfitting since there really hasnt' been any inspiration going on. No crafting whatsoever. So sad. But things will start moving now that there is really some green grass and sunshine out there. It's not all about sitting behind a sewing machine and canvas all day...do you ahve any idea how much fun it is to play in the dirt? Honestly this is something that no one should out grow. I loved playing in the sandbox as a kid and was forever finding the first mud puddles? And I can't count the number of soakers I had or the bumps and bruises from sliding down the side of the hill to get to the creek. There's some inspiration for you. Have a go at a second childhood and find a mud puddle or a pile of dirt. Have fun!!!

No comments:

The Greatest Generation

  • Art Quilts